Monday, September 14, 2009

Kanye, how could you be so heartless?

Best and Worst: 2009 MTV Video Music Awards


So I am positive almost everyone knows about what Kanye West did to Taylor Swift at the Video Music Awards last night. Poor Taylor, it was her first award and she got interrupted in such a disrespectful way. Boo hoo, a country singer's video won the award for Best Female Video instead of someone in the Hip Hop genre. Music is music, no matter if its country, hip hop, rock, or pop. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but Kanye definitely went way too far by going on stage in the middle of her acceptance speech and saying that Beyonce deserved the award. It would not be a big issue if he said this after the show, but seriously, what was he thinking? Snatching the mic from her in the middle of her speech? That was one of the most disrespect things I have ever seen. 


By Kevin Phu

4 comments:

  1. I actually didn't know about it until I looked it up 5 minutes ago, but she got to finish her speech with Beyonce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it was really disrespectful of him. I felt bad for Taylor. She didn't know what to do and seemed so shocked. Especially since it was her first award. I don't think it was planned because both Beyonce and Taylor looked really shocked. Also I thought it was nice of Beyonce to let Taylor finish her speech.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make a good point. Kanye should just stop whining and let Taylor enjoy her moment. It's the publics choice and the public voted for the best, Taylor Swift. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice for the title!
    I'm not surprised he says stuff like this...

    ReplyDelete