Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What is Adbusters?

This is the first time I have ever heard of Adbusters. By poking around the website, it seems like this is a journalism website that is counter culture. The site has a lot of articles about philosophy and the way people are currently living. 


Personally as a graffiti artist myself, I think it is both art and vandalism. There is a clear line between art and vandalism. When property is spray painted with the art then it becomes vandalism. But what is the point of art if you cant display it openly for everyone to see? Before I continue I just want to make clear, I am not advocating painting walls and defacing them, but I also am not against one doing it. I believe putting art on property walls are wrong but I think it should be fine to put art on the stone walls of an old train track. Artists want their art to be seen by everyone so that they can express their emotions with their art. Like I said before, i think it is both art and vandalism. Artists just need to know where the line is. 

Art or Vandalism?

No comments:

Post a Comment