Wednesday, October 14, 2009

News at WHS






" ExPeCt blOoDShEd "



On Wednesday ; October 7th at Watertown High school ; A custodian was cleaning out one of the boys bathroom and came across the words " Expect Bloodshed" written on the stall door. Immediately, he reported what he had saw and the school quickly contacted the Watertown Police department. At 6:OO am there was a Ed message sent to all students and staff of WHS explaining what had happened and for all students to enter school that morning through the Columbia Street entrance ONLY and leave all backpacks at home.

Of course many students brought backpacks; but all backpacks were collected and all students will get their bags back at the bell at 2:3Opm. All of the students of Watertown High School was gathered together in the auditorium after coming into school for a brief meeting with all staffs and students about what was going on. Personally i thought to my self " What in he world is this ?! " I was confused because i didn't know any of this until a student on his way to school told me and my sister and my cousin that we wasn't allowed to bring bags into the school or they were going to take it for the day.

Not only did they check all lockers, take all bags, messed up the whole morning , they all canceled all after school activities that day, including : Cheer leading, Basketball, Etc. It was all back to normal the next day. Students were allowed to enter the school with bags, but they asked for all students to enter the school through the Columbia Street entrance. The school took those to words very serious, as they should. Overall, everything is back to normal and they asked if anyone knows who wrote it or what it means, don't hesitate to tell someone, it would really help.

In my opinion i think every student at Watertown High had to go through a lot ; just for one kids stupidity and their senseless actions. It really pissed me off. I had to go through airport security just to start school that morning.


6 comments:

  1. I think that the tight security was required and I don't blame Noftsker for taking the actions he did. If he hadn't done that I'm sure many parents would have complained. Of course I wish he had just cancelled school for the day instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they should have done more actually... Expect Bloodshed could mean at any point and time, not just the day after it was discovered. Of course they don't want to make it unreasonable to go to school and get work done but this could end up being a serious threat. It could also be some jerk trying to get a day off of school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't consider this to be like airport security. If it was then I think that you are missing something that is actually at Airports around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Joey I think it would have been easy for someone to bring a knife and put it in their pocket. I think also think we should have met in homeroom instead of the autoturium.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that the school took good precautions. Although the words probably didn't mean anything it is better to be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent choice of subject. Is there an article you can link to? It would be nice to get some additional quotes from students.
    You had quite a few grammar problems that I have listed below. If you correct them I will re-grade your blog.
    Also, please capitalize your I's.

    B-



    2:3Opm--space before pm
    All of the students of Watertown High School was gathered--WERE...NOT WAS
    Personally i thought to my self " What in he world is this ?! "--capitalize I, myself is one word. Pick one ending.
    they all canceled all--too many ALLS
    : Cheer leading, Basketball, Etc--sports not capitalized
    school took those to words--two not to
    In my opinion i think every student at Watertown High had to go through a lot ; just for one kids stupidity and their senseless actions--wrong use of colon.

    ReplyDelete