Thursday, November 12, 2009

Growing Up Online

The video "Growing Up Online" was very interesting.  I like how they interviewed teenagers and asked them their opinions of the internet and what they post on it.  One girl interviewed, Autumn Edows, explained her situation and what she does secretly.  I can understand that she had no friends and was made fun of, but I don't think posting pictures of herself half dressed would really solve her problem.  It's interesting though that she felt more better of herself and didn't hate herself as much while she would post them.  I think her parents did the right thing having her delete all her files.  It was very sad when the story of Ryan, the boy who hanged himself, came up.  It was disturbing to know that he was being told hateful things by another boy he was talking to on the internet. 

Overall it was a good video because I can relate to it.  I'm always on the computer, and if it's not homework I'm doing, I'm talking to my friends.  I don't see myself getting into bad situations on the internet like this these people were in because I know my boundaries and what is appropriate and what isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment