Friday, November 6, 2009

Media Matters

Yesterday I went to UMass Boston with a few of my classmates for "Media Matters." Media matters was a conference for high school students that talked about the media and all the different angles. For the first seminar that I went to it was called "Sports Stories- How to Get Your Angle." Bill Littlefield who hosts his own radio on WNPR called its only a game. His show is not a talk show because he says that he doesn't like it when people will call in and say ridiculous things like "ya i think that the Bruins should put two people in the goal cause that way nobody will be able to score." I found his stories very interesting and he talked about how sometimes a nobody is more important to talk to than a big star such as Rodger Clemens. The second class I went to was by a guy who writes for the Globe and he shared his stories about how he began to write. He writes for the  arts section and he said that he likes writing for the arts section because not many newspapers have good art sections.  The other two that i went to were on how to make a good press conference and about how racism is in the media and how it has changed over time. I found the conference very interesting and I would definitely go again if I were able to take different classes.

-Ben Sampson

No comments:

Post a Comment