Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Train your Brain Again


Today I read an article in the New York Times about brains. In this article the writer begins by talking about how she loves to read history books, but only seems to remember the main points in the story and not the details. 
This article also goes into detail about how you lose memory around the ages of 40 through 60. 

One example of the memory loss is how you can be boiling water at a some point but when the door bell rings and you go to answer the door  you then forget about the water boiling. I find this strange because that sounds like something I would do and I'm not even close to 40 years old.

Some of the causes of brain memory loss  is because of  neural connections, which receive, process and transmit information, can weaken with disuse or age.

I thought this article was interesting because I enjoy reading about parts of the body and how they are used.  I relate to this article because my grandfather has a mild cause of this. He is 75 and seems to have all of these traits.

1 comment:

  1. Brains somehow do weaken over time as we get older. It also would have to depend on how much you use your brain, not just how old you are.

    ReplyDelete