Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Growing Up Online

The Documentary called "Growing Up Online" is a film on the teenagers of this generation who use the internet on a daily basis. The documentary also shows how media effects this generation's youth. I can relate to this documentary because I usually use the computer daily and when I use the computer, I go on the internet. A lot of kids shown on the documentary use the internet to express themselves. These kids hid how they felt from their parents and used the internet as a sort of escape from reality. I don't use the internet to express myself but I'll use it to find things that are interesting to me weather its browsing through online catalogs or just searching for information. Ways that I have "grown up online" are just learning new things or having new ideas from little research I do while going on the internet. With the influx of digital media technology, I believe it should be used more in education because students might find it easier since they're dealing with a computer and a lot of students now use computers all the time. If I didn't have the internet growing up, I believe that I wouldnt know much compared to what I know now. I think the internet also exposed a lot more things to me then what I would have been exposed to if the internet was not around. The link to the documentary is http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/kidsonline/view/

No comments:

Post a Comment