Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Growing up online.

After watching the PBS video Growing Up online I don't feel that I relate to this video because I have never gotten bullied online or been so focused on being online. But when I was younger I did play a lot of online games but I don't feel like I have grown up a lot online because as a kid I was very active so I didn't find myself on the computer until later at night when I would be on AIM talking to my friends. I think that digital media is effected on education because kids are so use to being online and they have the computer in front to keep them entertained but when they come into school and have to listen to teachers all day it makes them want to listen less. Using media to much can be unnecessary when trying to do simple task like writing an essay. Writing an essay can easily be done by hand but kids have become so lazy that typing an essay is easier because the computer fixes their mistakes so kids are not learning as much as they would hand writing an essay. I think kids so young shouldn't have a computer in their room because this can lead to hiding personal life that may not be appropriate even when kids get older and they use facebook. Post things online that they would never say to someone, going on facebook and posting comments meant towards someone would never be said if their computer wasn't in front of them. Over all I think media has made an impact on some lives but others I do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment