Monday, May 3, 2010

Broken Pipe



Pipe repair is being done right now on March 3, of 2010. Engineers have started working on it last night and have gained success. At first, the pipe flushed water everywhere, but now, pipes have been successfully attached and last bits of work is being done right now. Areas affected by this water issue said that they would open schools on Monday but kids had to bring water, and some schools even wanted hand sanitizer brought. Engineers have also said that its too early to predict why might the pipe have broken. State officials have also said that the water is heavily being chlorinated to kill bacteria, but the Massachusetts Water Resource Authority said we shouldn't drink it because results of bacteria levels aren't back yet.

Today, on May 4, 2010, pipe repair has been done, and water is good to go now. Workers reconnected the 2 pipes with a steel collar and on-top of that welded it, so they made sure it wont break up again. But, officials warned we shouldn't drink from faucets just yet because it still may contain bacteria, or either a very weird taste due to the extra chlorine they've poured to kill bacteria.

2 comments:

  1. I still wonder what caused the break,
    any ways I hope they manage to fix it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the graphic representation of the text. It reminds me of my fibre reinforced polymers thesis during my university days. I did it when my professor asked me to cover the field of pipeline rehabilitation, yes, which up to now I find so challenging.

    ReplyDelete