Sunday, May 23, 2010

Obama's War by Masaud Ahmed


Today I watched Obama's War on Fronline PBS. Pretty much the whole video talk about how the United States is fighting against terrorism in Afghanistan and how their number one goal is to protect the Afghan citizens. U.S Marines are trying hard to get markets to open up again in Helmend but unfortunately where ever the army goes, the citizens leave the places deserted due to threats from Taliban. It also shows how the marines have to patroll the areas all day to keep it safe, and how they communicate with Afghan civilians so they don't feel like they are occupying Afghanistan.



I learned some pretty interesting facts. What shocked me the most was how the Taliban made 100 million dollars from opium trade. That's insane! Another interesting fact I learned was how the Taliban published pamphlets informing the civilians that they are here to protect them from hardships. Also, one more fact I learned was how the Taliban would go and interview civilians and ask questions such as if Mullah Omars shadowy government is doing enough for them.

A follow up film that I would make is from the Taliban side. I want to know more about Mullah Omars "shadowy governemnt" and what he does for the Afghan people. Now that we heard from the U.S side, it's not a bad idea to know what the other side has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment