Monday, November 29, 2010

Digital Use


My reaction to the article was I think it applies to my life and media use completely. For instance i'm a heavy texter.. I send about 10,000 to 13,000 text a month. This often affects my ability to work in school because I do not do as well as I should because I am constantly being distracted by my phone or the internet, that sometimes I am not able to finish my homework. It's very hard for me to focus in school because I text at least like 5-15 people at a time. I often sometimes finish my homework at home.. I usually finish it in school because I am not able to focus at home. I multi task when doing my homework, for example I listen to music, text like 5 people, use the internet, watch T.V. and do my homework at the same time. I am always distracted with the media and a very bad procrastinator so I usually finish my homework around 4 a.m. or 2 a.m. and only get 2 hours of sleep each night. I think this article is completely accurate of how teens who are constantly distracted by the media do not always do well in school because they are unable to focus. While using media it is hard to stop and focus on doing work. I think that's why most teens that are heavy media users are unable to finish their homework ontime.


Click Here for the Story, Click Here for the Video.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good +
    Thank you for your honesty and reflection Tammy. Also, nice choice in picture.
    Now that are you are becoming aware of some of your homework habits in relation to your media consumption, what changes do you think you'll make (if any at all)?
    Some students turn off their phones while they are doing homework. Perhaps this will be a helpful action for you as well.

    Functioning on only 2 hours of sleep every night must be very difficult.
    How do you think this affects your overall mood throughout the day?

    Finally, do your parents set up any media rules for you around your usage?

    Good work.
    Ms. V

    ReplyDelete