Monday, December 6, 2010

Response To Maria Full Of Grace


I thought this movie really gave me an idea of what the life of a mule is and what they have to go through just to make some money for their families and themselves. It gave me the perspective of why anybody would want to go into an illegal business like drug trafficking. I learned from the movie that the women that go into this business risk their lives and their family's lives. If one pellet opens in your body, you will die, and if you mess up or lose one pellet, your family is at risk of getting killed.


Countries where a lot of muling takes place are many South American countires with many Central American Countries as well as the islands. Although I do not condone drug trafficking I think the drug trade gives women an oppurtunity to get a "quick buck". These women that do it show other women that it's alright for a drug lord to use your body to smuggle drugs into the U.S. when it's not. I think it's astonishing how many women are used as mules and it's terrible how they put themselves and their families at risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment