Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Masaud Ahmed


Hi my name is Masaud Ahmed, Im from Pakistan. Let me start by talking about my family. My family is 100% Pakistani and ancestors are from Afghanistan. I have 2 brothers and 1 sister, a mom and a dad. I was born in Pakistan, and moved to the U.S when I was about 5. At that time my dad was already living in the U.S in California and I had only 1 brother. We moved in with my dad in 1998. I don't know what changed my dad's mind but before our arrival, he moved to Brighton,  Massachusetts. We lived there for a couple of years and now it's almost my 5th year in Watertown. I speak 2 languages, Pashto and English. 
Since I started school from kindergarten, it wasn't that hard learning a second language, English. Here I am now, in Watertown, 9th Grade. I'm looking forward to becoming an Aerospace Engineer. I've always broken my brothers toys and tried to examine what there was inside. I did find some good stuff and learned how electricity works at an early age. From the early days till now, I still have interest in Engineering and I love airplanes and missiles. So one day I thought why not go for Aerospace engineering, and till this day I'm still loving it. I also have a good amount of interest in the Army. I started thinking about joining the Army at a really young age, mostly because I went to a military school in Pakistan.
I've never thought I'd play sports. but in 7th grade it just ended up that I played Baseball. It all started when the 8th grade math teacher saw me throwing a tennis ball at the wall. He was playing basketball but all of a sudden the gym goes quiet and I look back at him. He was staring at me with his eyes focusing on the ball and his head tilted, I thought I was doing something wrong so I tried to put the ball back in my pocket. Instead he told me to continue throwing, then he told me to sign up for baseball tomorrow. Thats how I ended up playing Baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment