Friday, June 18, 2010

Multi-Media Finals- Gabe Ferreira

I cannot believe it is time to say goodbye already. To me, this class has been an amazing experience. I feel that in this class, I have improved my skills with general computer usage and also video editing. Not only was tue class itself fun, the people in the class was also great and I was able to make good friends. Something I thought was lucky was how we had this class first period. What makes this class good for 1st period is that instead of going to school and having to listen to a teacher talk for 25 minutes, we got right into it with hands on editing and blogging. Another thing that I really enjoyed about this class was that everyday I learned something diffrent like diffrent shots, daily news and also diffrent video editing skills. One of the stories that influenced me the most was the 84 stories about no smoking. The 84 was a organization that held a competition about who can make the best video. The videos were good but there was one that really got my atention and really influenced my mind to never smoke. I also enjoyed watching the PBS Frontline documentaries. The one that I watched was called "Behind Taliban Lines" and that was about a reporter with a camera behind the terrorist group The Taliban.


Some of my strengths in this class was that I really enjoyed editing videos which made the class much easier. Another strength that I had was that I really love entertaining others which made me try my hardest in every project we did. One of my weaknesses was that I have a very little patience for little errors so when I messed up on the timeline, it anoyed me and I probably could've made an even better project if I was more patient. Something I wish we did more of was edit more videos other then doing so much blogging. I enjoyed the blogging but I feel like we did to much of it. Something I would include in the curriculum would be the video music that DJ Flack introduced to us.


I think I did pretty good on my final project. The idea of dancing infront of a green-screen to a Michael Jackson really went with my personality due to me being so goofy :). If I had this class again the kind of videos I would want to do would be music videos since I like music so much. To watch the Michael Jackson video click here.


Since I enjoyed this class so much and was good at it, I hope to see myself in the future making and editing music videos as a job. Since I learned so much in this class, I am going to use these skills that I learned and continue editing for a variety of people like my church and others.


I thinkthat Ms.Ventura's strengths were that she was a chill teacher and she was not much older then her students which made it easier for her to connect with her students. Another thing I liked about Ms.Ventura was that she was so open minded and also she was not afraid to tell her opinion. If I was a teacher, I would set the world record for the most chill teacher ever. I would assign cool projects and have many hands on things to do. I would make the class fun 24/7. This class was really fun and I hope I have this class again.

-Gabe

No comments:

Post a Comment