Thursday, September 23, 2010

Media Usage in Teens


In my Tv & News production class we are studying the amount of media that teens consume. Also, the effects of media on teens. I personally recorded my media usage in a single weekend (September 18 & 19). I watched 8 hours of television. I have an Itouch and use it for multiple things. I listened to 1.5 hours of music, spent 4 hours on the internet and 1/2 an hour playing games on the Itouch. I spent 2 hours playing video games (Xbox 360). A 1/2 hour listening to the radio while driving. As far as cell phone use is concerned, I made 9 calls, sent 59 text messages and received 62 texts. This comes to about a total of 17 hours of media consumption. Which averages out to 8.5 hours a day. This is slightly above the average for teens. Here is a link concerning the average media time of teens. Another thing that some people are researching is if the amount of media that teens are exposed to has a negative affect on their health. Here's a link on just that.
Not to mention childhood obesity!!!

2 comments: