Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Media Usage


Last weekend for Ms. Ventura's class, I recorded my total media usage and compared it to the national averages that we had been looking at in class a few days before. What I found was that my media use was well below the national average of 7.5 hours per day (although I didn't have my phone on hand for both days). Between going on YouTube, downloading music and watching TV, I spent a total of 5.5 hours using media on Saturday and Sunday combined (an average of 2 hours and 45 minutes per day). In general, I probably consume more media than this, but still under the national average.

The studies that we have been looking at in class show that media consumption has skyrocketed over the past 10 years, especially with media more easily accessible due to new technologies; the most popular of which seem to be the iPhone, iPod touch, and other small devices with games, music, and social networks, all available with convenient Wi-Fi.



1 comment:

  1. I like the part where you talked about the new technologies that have made the media time go up.

    ReplyDelete