Monday, November 29, 2010


I thought the article was very true to how young people act today. If you walk down the hall you will see almost everyone texting and half carrying on a conversation. Kids these days get bored very easily and so they feel like if they do their homework and are on some sort of electronic it would be less boring. This isn't the best for the kids because they are getting less and less capable of doing one thing and have to be stimulated all the time.

This is true for me. While I am doing homework I am typically doing something else like Facebook or watching t.v. I don't really know why I do this. It is mainly because I feel like the work is so boring so i give myself little brakes and things like that. It would work out fine except for the fact that when i get on some sort of electronic the homework always comes second. I can not stay focused and tend to be less involved in the actual homework.

I have a pretty substantial amount of media use. I usually go one the computer and watch YouTube videos or go on Facebook. I like those things because they are more interesting than school work and they keep me interested. I thought the video was interesting because, even thought these things are going on around us we don't really think about them that much.


CLICK HERE FOR STORY

1 comment:

  1. Good-

    Nice reflection, but you only referenced the video specifically and not the article, which I was asking for. Also, you have some grammatical issues, however, nice choice of picture and reflection regarding usage around the school.

    It's interesting to note that you claim that"I don't really know why I do this" when you do homework and use media at the same time. But, now that we have been discussing and analyzing your usage perhaps you can start to understand the reason for some of your choices.

    Hopefully you'll start thinking about "these things that are going on around us" as you make your way through high school and then college.
    Ms. V

    ReplyDelete