Thursday, November 4, 2010

U Mass Writing Conference

Today I went to a writing conference at U Mass with some people from my t.v production class. It was very interesting and informative. The classes I got were one about responding to writing, one about conducting an interview and one about investigative journalism. The one about investigative journalism interested me the most because I want to be a journalist. The person who taught us was Sean Murphy who works at Suffolk. He is an investigative journalist who works for the Boston Globe and he explained to us that an investigative journalist has to investigate for some period of time and then write a story about it. It is usually about government officials.
My responding to writing one was very interesting as well and my presenter taught as all about good types of feedback to give to writers you may respond to in your class. He told us the most important part of responding is to give positive feedback and tell the writer about what they did right.
My other class was one about conducting interviews. It was really good and informative. The only problem was that the teacher was like 20 minutes late so I didnt get as much time in the class as I would have liked. She explained to us how the most important part of an interview is to be prepared and to make sure you understand what you are talking about
Overall I really enjoyed they day and learned a lot from it.
HERE IS A LINK TO THE WEB SITE

No comments:

Post a Comment