Thursday, April 1, 2010

Anti Smoking Ads

The website www.the84.org, is hosting a film contest called the 2010 Film Shorts Contest: Viewers Choice Awards. The short films are from students in different high schools around Massachusetts, that are against smoking. They are trying to make the best anti-smoking commercial. The three videos that I thought were the best are...

Tobacco Attack





Tobacco Attack - Holyoke High School from The 84 on Vimeo.



I thought this video was one of the best because the kids are shown just sitting around being bored and having nothing to do. When one of them pulls out the "sin sticks" or pack of cigarettes, they all get excited which is what I think actually happens in reality. I think some kids use the act of smoking cigarettes as something to do when nothing is really going on and thats not the best idea since they're really bad for your health.



These two links here are the videos I thought were really good as well...

Chewing Tobacco - Sharon High School

http://vimeo.com/10237493

Tap - Lexington High School

http://vimeo.com/10261831

In my opinion, I don't believe this was the best contest because a lot of the entries were not very good videos. The videos weren't good in quality and some of them didn't make much sense. This video is what I thought was the worst one...

Ballin or Fallin - Holyoke High School from The 84 on Vimeo.

The person who edited this video didn't do the best job or was just inexperienced, the filming was also pretty bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment